Wednesday 21 November 2012

What to wear when travelling!

With american Thanksgiving a few days away, US travelling season is at its peak and that can mean long lines and flight delays.  The last thing you need is to be uncomfortable in your clothes and to be stuck taking off tons of jewelry and struggling with your shoes when going through security.  I have a few rules of thumb when flying.  First, I want clothes that can  accomodate different climates: cold when leaving, hot in the airport, freezing on the plane, hot when landing!  That is why I usually wear a tank top with a long cardigan that can double as a blanket should I get cold during the flight.  Second, I avoid wearing a lot of jewelry and wear ballet flats to make going through customs quicker and simpler.  Third, I carry a handbag big enough to accomodate my boarding pass and passport, a magazine, a healthy snack and other stuff that I need with me during the flight.  Finally, I wear little to no make-up, since flying dehydrates your skin.  This prevents caking...I instead opt for nude lip gloss and mascara and bring a pair of oversized sunglasses for post flight commuting. 


Travel outfit
 
Happy and safe travels this Thanksgiving period!
Amelie

No comments:

Post a Comment