Monday 19 November 2012

Live for yourself, not for others!

I believe in manicures. I believe in overdressing. I believe in primping at leisure and wearing lipstick. I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything else seems to be going wrong. I believe happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe tomorrow is another day. I believe in miracles.

I saw this Audrey Hepburn quote recently and it got me thinking.  I am a stay-at-home mom and I like to dress up.  I usually overdress for my day's activities, but dressing up makes me feel good.  I believe that I should dress for myself and wear clothes that make me feel good, even if that means I am wearing a dress and heels and am doing nothing else but groceries and the school run that day. I do believe in manicures because everytime I see my nails, I feel put together. I do think primping at leisure and putting on my lipstick should be as high on my daily list of things to do, as washing the dishes and picking up after my kids...I do these things because they make me feel great.  They help me feel confident and strong and good about myself.  And that's how life should be lived! 
 
Thanks Audrey!
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment