Friday 16 November 2012

Currently Craving



I have to say that I am obsessed with fashion.  And by obsessed, I mean I think about fashion all the time.  If I see two colors or patterns mixed together somewhere, that I had not thought of mixing, I will surely try to replicate it in my wardrobe.  I look at fashion magazines, I read blogs, I spend countless hours on pinterest and polyvore for inspiration.  This obsession means that I am always craving that new item that I saw.  Whether it be leather skinny pants (a craving in which I recently indulged) or the latest style pumps.  And since, like 99% of the population, I cannot afford every single item I crave, it means that I have to be resourceful.  I will search high and low in stores or on the internet for very similar items at  more affordable prices. 

I was recently craving pointy toe   heels (similar to  the Manolo Blahnik ones that I had seen someone wearing) and a minaudiere for the holiday season.  For those of you unfamiliar with a minaudiere, here is the wikipedia link http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minaudi%C3%A8re.  So I started  out at  the mall  where a store is  closing and was  able to find  very similar pumps  on sale for 20$.  Below is a picture of the Manolo Blahnik pumps and the ones I found at the mall...
 
 
Manolo Blahnik
 
Jules + James
   
As some of you already know, I always take a few trips to my local goodwill store every week to see if I can score something off of my cravings' list.  And sure enough, I was able to find a very similar minaudiere to the one that I had been wanting...and for only 1.50$!
 

Minaudiere image courtesy of google



Goodwill find for 1,50$


Style is important to me, but breaking the bank is not.  There are some items you should allow yourself to splurge on, like good quality outerwear and wardrobe staples that will survive every season's trend...everything else will not last long enough, in my opinion, to justify a high price tag.  That does not mean that I will never buy designer handbags or pumps (they can easily be auctionned off on ebay when they become last seasons' trend), but they would not be regular occurences. 
 
Here are some other items that I have been craving recently...
 
 
Enjoy the week-end !
Amelie

 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment