Wednesday 21 November 2012

Classic does not have to mean boring!

Women working in offices usually have to dress more classically or conservatively, but that shouldn't mean that they can only wear navy or black.  Taking classic style and revamping it with color and pattern is one of the great things I like about fashion.  Below are some examples of what I call "classic revisited".  Just remember not to go overboard.  To help you with that, you can pull from the colors in your pattern, as I did below with the outfits styled around the purple skirt.   

The new classic
 
The outfits below, were actually inspired by my favorite pair of fall flats. They are red, with a teal/slightly evergreenish and yellow plaid pattern adorned with a black velvet flower.  I have always liked the subtle mix of these colors and it is not the first time that I have looked to them for ideas.
 
Sans titre #13
 
Sans titre #14
 
Just remember to have fun and that when you get tired of always wearing you favorite skirt with the same shirt, you can always create a completely different look by adding different colored pumps or accessories!

 


No comments:

Post a Comment