Thursday 7 February 2013

Thrifty finds!

If you often read this blog, you know that I love going to my local goodwill store and finding little gems that are hidden away.  Well, last Tuesday, I decided to go since I hadn't been in quite a while and I stumbled upon 2 great items.  The first one is a Franklin Marshall cashmere blend sweater.  I got it for 3$.  I didn't know this brand, but checked it online and discovered that their knits retail at  100$ and up.  I had been craving a sweater similar in style to the J. Crew polka dot grey cashmere sweater (pictured below) and although it is not exactly the same, I like the velvet ribbon detail and the fact that the print only covers the top part of the sweater.


My goodwill find for 3$

Cashmere polka-dot sweater / J.Crew and we're getting one in the city I live in!!! Woot!
J. Crew polka dot sweater retailing at 310$ (now on sale for 161$).
 
 
I was also dreaming of the Valentino Rock Stud pumps.  I have been seeing a lot of other bloggers wearing them in a variety of colors, but at close to 1000$, they were sure to never make an appearance in my closet.  So when I saw these pumps I knew I had found my match.  And although they were lacking the studs and the open heel, I really liked the criss-cross pattern on the top of the foot.  I also loved  that the heel is low enough that I can actually wear them out for a full evening without wanting to die and that they only cost me 2$.



My 2$ Pursuit shoes (from Sears I think)



 
 
valentino rock studs
Valentino Rock Stud pumps
 
What do you think?  Do you like my finds?  Do you shop at goodwill stores or are you grossed out by the fact that these things were "pre-owned"?  Let me know, I like to hear from you!
 
Have a great day!
 

 
 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment