Thursday 24 January 2013

Small changes

 
Hi everyone,

Yesterday I had the joy of spending a little bit of time with my 1 month-old nephew.  He is so adorable!  I also uploaded  the pictures from my little afternoon project on Monday, which was to paint stripes on our powder room walls.  We moved here last year and remodeling it has not been a priority.  The sink would feel more at home in a loft with brick walls, than in our transitional style house.  I had been looking for something that would tie the room together and new I had found it when I stumbled upon some pictures of small baths with striped walls on Houzz  late last summer.  So since I was in the mood to do some major damage to our credit cards on Monday, I figured my need for some newness would be better spent on an afternoon project than on some new purse.  Here are the results:




 




On the week-end I also reorganized our small office nook in the kitchen.  We have another office upstairs, but we never use it, so it will soon be transformed into a craft room (I will make sure to upload the pictures once that is done).  Saturday we took our daughter out to lunch and to Indigo while our son was at a birthday party and I stumbled upon some great sales in their home/ décor space.  I purchased the numbered glasses for 9$ each set and the large votive holder for 7$.  The smaller votive holders were purchased at Ikea for 1$ each before Christmas.

 


When everything is so white and quite drab outside, I like to buy fresh cut flowers to add a little bit of sunshine to my day.  These small peach roses are perfect to subtly brighten up the office nook and at 17$ for a dozen (well each stalk has 3 flowers, so you technically get 36 roses) they are well worth the price.  And by changing the water every day and adding a bit of lemon juice to it, they will usually last close to 2 weeks. 

This small pewter vase was a gift from my in laws and fits perfectly next to the computer.
 
 




The A mug you see in this picture was also purchased at Indigo last week for 8$.
 
How do you beat the winter blues?  Do you have small projects that you have tackled that you would like to share with me? Be sure to let me know.
 
Have a great day!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment