Tuesday 26 February 2013

Product review / California here we come!

image source www.google.com

 
Quick post before our trip!  I know I've not been very good at posting frequently since Christmas, but I will do my best to change that!  Last week I promised you I would review the Avene self-tanning lotion once I had tried it and I have to say I was happily surprised.  It goes on very evenly and I have no "spots" (I even applied it on my hands, as recommended my the consultant, and it looks natural).   Now if you are looking for a dark tan this is not the lotion for you.  It gives a VERY subtle and natural golden hue, which is perfect for me.  I never get really dark in summer anyways, so it wouldn't look natural.  The smell is there, but not as strong as others that I have tried. Prior to  applying I had been exfoliating every other day and really making sure that I applied lotion on my whole body once or twice a day.  I have had bad experiences with dry skin and self-tanning lotions and wanted to avoid it at all costs.  It retails at 27$, so I think it is a fair price considering that I used only a small portion of the tube, and that other options are more costly - a spray tan will cost upwards of 39$ for once and lasts a week, and salons are not really an option for me considering the risks associated with them.
 
So we are all packed and ready to go.  This year, my parents will be accompanying us!  My mom has never been and is quite excited.  It will be so much fun to share this experience with her.  The kids are also super excited to have their grandparents along for the trip!  I will try and share as much as possible during our stay!
 
Have a great day!
 
 

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment